- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We use Google Analytics which might collect some data from you. However you could use a ‘Do not track’ software on your browser.
Information You Make Public
VA maintains services such as wikis, email discussion lists and forums, web sites where users may submit information to be published publicly. You are creating a permanent, public record of information added, removed, and/or altered by you, including information which may identify you. For example, emails to public discussion lists are publicly available in their entirety, including your email address. Please think carefully about your desired level of anonymity before you disclose personal information.
All information related to financial transactions is handled through a secure connection through paypal.
We will not store complete credit card numbers.
Contact information is requested at the time of a donation. This information is used to verify the initial credit card transaction. Donor lists are not sold or distributed to third parties. We will use these donor lists to send occasional solicitations. Donors can opt out of all contact or specify only print or email contact. Donor names are posted on our pages with a thank you note if you so wish. They are posted as a recognition of their support. At the time of the donation, the donor can ask to be anonymous, so that their name will not be publicly recognized.
Contact information is requested at the time of a membership sign-up. This information is used to verify the initial credit card transaction and future transactions if the member signs up for monthly deductions. Member lists are not sold or distributed to third parties.
General Data Protection Regulation
VA has the right to process personal data of EU residents (i) due to their provided consent to VA; or (ii) in order to conclude an agreement with them and to fulfill it. The legal basis for the processing of personal data is Article 6 (1) (a)-(b) of the General Data Protection Regulation. EU residents under the age of 16 should not submit their personal data for subscribing to our email solicitations and we will delete any such data if we become aware of it. The personal data recipients may be data processors who provide ancillary services to VA. VA will store personal data during the term of the agreement and during the limitation period as defined by applicable law or until the consent for direct marketing is revoked. VA undertakes to handle personal data in compliance with the applicable data protection law, to ensure the security of the data processed, and to implement the appropriate technical and organizational measures for the protection of personal data against unlawful destruction, accidental change, disclosure and any unlawful handling. The data subjects are entitled to (i) request that the VA allows them to access and correct personal data submitted by them to the VA; (ii) request that the VA erase or limit the processing of personal data submitted by them and disagree with the processing of data if such requests are compatible with the performance of the agreement and applicable law; (iii) data portability; (iv) submit a complaint regarding the processing of personal data to the competent EU data protection authority. You have the right to contact VA for all matters relating to the processing of your personal data.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained